Healthy Kids, Healthy Families®
At Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma (BCBSOK), we are committed to investing in programs that enrich the health, well-being and quality of life for Oklahoma children and families. We do this in a variety of ways, including volunteer activities and corporate support through grants, sponsorships and in-kind donations.
BCBSOK supports organizations through the Healthy Kids, Healthy Families® initiative by partnering with nonprofit groups that offer sustainable, measurable programs for children and families, focused on four key areas:
- Physical activity
- Disease prevention and management
- Supporting safe environments
In addition to these partner organizations, BCBSOK awarded major grants to several nonprofit groups that share the goal of improving Oklahoma’s health. The recipients include:
- Community Health Center’s Inc.– Diabetes Action Program
- Latino Community Development Agency — Healthy Families Program
- Mental Health Association of Oklahoma — Building Oklahoma, Building Lives campaign
- Tulsa Community Foundation — A Gathering Place, Tulsa
Additional grants were presented to CATCH Global Foundation, Emergency Infant Services, Girls on the Run of Southern Oklahoma, Inc., the Oklahoma State Department of Health FitnessGram Initiative and the University of Oklahoma Foundation Harold Hamm Diabetes Center.